This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Basic top with polka dots

First of all, I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post! I have been sewing, but my design just didn't work out. I was making a longsleeve with bat sleeves, but for some reason I haven't figured out yet, it just wasn't right. I've put it aside for now, and instead threw together this top. It's always nice to finish a day of sewing with something that works and that you feel good about.



It's rather thin jersey, and I would show you a close-up of the purple rings if my stitches weren't so wonky. Always a pain, stitching neat lines on jersey. But I was glad to finally find a use for the rings, I got these from my grandmother at least 12 years ago. Despite the wonky seams, this was a fairly easy top to sew - another afternoon project. I used parts of the pattern from the basic floral top. To add rings, just shorten the front part at the top and lengthen the back shoulder parts. Sometimes, it can be that easy!

P.S. I look super skinny in these pics, but I assure you it's just the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!