This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Matching Shrugs

To follow my new rules - tie my wardrobe together - I made matching shrugs to go with the Summer Dress. I choose a matching green and a blue one. They are the same fabric, a medium weight knit. They are based on Ichigogirls pattern. I didn't have the pattern at the moment I made them, so I made my own using the same (very clever) construction. Now that I do have the pattern, I might alter them a bit. Next year, because I left them at home, as well as the summer dress.


When taking photo's. I have to keep going back and forth to the camera to set the timer. The dog kept wriggling herself in the photo's, wanting to see what all the fuss was about. Most photo's just show the back of her head in front of the camera, or a wagging tail. Every time I put up the camera she takes up the spot where I usually stand and sits there waiting for me :)

I don't know which one I like best, green or blue. I do like the pattern, I have four shrugs already. Three made by me, the third one made from the floral fabric of my harem pants. The fourth one is special, and will be shown here later on!

P.S. Don't forget to enter the mustard fabric giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what is sweeter... The fabric of your dress or your very gorgeous friend :) I love doglets!

    BTW I think both shrugs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love shrugs so will definitely check this project out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really prefer the green one with that dress, although I am suspicious, because for me the green is like mustard for you :)
    But what I really liked was of your little friend. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, it may sound silly but I can't figure out where your arms go through. Do you turn the shrug over or inside out etc before you put your arms in.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!